Performance Management & Awards
Performance Management Programs
- Performance management is the systematic process by which an agency involves its employees, as individuals and members of a group, in improving organizational effectiveness in the accomplishment of agency mission and goals.
- An opportunity to enhance the relationship between you and your employees.
- An opportunity for discussions and feedback about employee’s performance and development.
- A process through which the training and development needs of employees can be identified, discussed, and addressed.
- Performance management includes:
- Planning Work and Setting Expectations
- Continually Monitoring Performance
- Developing the Capacity to Perform
- Periodically Rating Performance in a Summary Fashion
- Rewarding Good Performance
- Performance Appraisal Handbook
- Forms (link will open the DOI Official Forms Page - scroll down to find the appropriate form, then download)
- GPRA Goals
US Department of Interior 5-Level Performance Management System
- Memorandum dated March 10, 2008 ~ Bureau of Indian Education Employee Performance Appraisal Program
- Training Material ~ "Understanding Performance Management"
- DAS-M Memo (10/29/2007) ~ 2008 Guidance on Establishing Employee Performance Appraisal Plans
- DI-3100, USDOI Employee Performance Appraisal Plan (See Below for downloads)
- DOI 5-Level Performance Management System Directive from the Acting Director, OIEP (dated February 3, 2005)
- Departmental Manual Release dated 10/04/04