About Human Resources
The Human Resources Office for the Bureau of Indian Education is a challenging and dynamic place to work. The Human Resources Team is committed, knowledgeable and empowered. We deliver a full-range of quality human resource services to over 60 Bureau of Indian Education funded and operated schools nationwide, enabling school staff and administrators to focus on providing quality and innovative educational experiences to students and their families. There are approximately 5,000 teachers, administrators and support personnel in the BIE operated school system.
We invite you to take a look at our web site; and check out our nation-wide job announcements, for professional teachers, paraprofessional classroom technicians, administrative, technical, clerical, trade and maintenance staff. Then, check back often for HR updates!
Join us for a positive and rewarding experience!
Mission and Goals
The Human Resources Team is dedicated to the support of the Bureau of Indian Education programs, always remembering the link between high quality Human Resources Services and our impact on students in the classrooms.
- To deliver quality human resource services to BIE funded and operated schools, enabling school staff and administrators to focus on providing quality and innovative educational experiences to students and their families.
- Provide timely and appropriate assistance to recruit and retain a highly skilled and motivated workforce.
- Maintain professionalism and integrity in all customer interactions, promoting respect and consideration at all levels of the organization.
- Provide all BIE Staff timely and accurate advice, assistance, and encouragement.
- Seek and promote professional development at all levels, to enhance employee performance; and be creative in the use and development of resources.