Math and Reading Coaches
The Math and Reading Coaches work directly with K – 8 academic staff and administrators to implement the school’s math and reading plans. The following are examples of the type of support Math and Reading Coaches provide to schools:
- Work directly with teachers in a school setting providing classroom-based demonstrations, collaborative and one-on-one support, facilitating teacher inquiry and providing professional development to strengthen teacher’s mathematics and reading instruction (delivery and content).
- Focus on enhancing teacher’s ability to provide instruction that builds students’ sense of engagement in the ownership of learning.
- Guide teachers to collect and analyze data and develop action plans in response to student needs.
- Work with administrators to analyze data, interpret, and use it to guide instructional decisions.
- Provide on-site professional development and support for staff.